As the region continues to grow, GCC countries align with international best practice across sectors to support the seamless flow of trade through maritime.
This EMAC sponsored seminar will highlight some of the latest international regulatory changes affecting and adopted by the various nations within the GCC.
In addition, discussions will include the dispute resolution options available to the maritime sector in the region.
0850 – 0930 Opening Address
Majid Obaid Bin Bashir, Vice Chairman and Secretary General of EMAC
Ahmed Najem Abdulla Al Najem, Secretary General, GCC Commercial Arbitration Centre
0930 – 1030 Updates on maritime regulations in the GCC
Introductions by Majid Obaid Bin Bashir, Vice Chairman and Secretary General of EMAC
- UAE’s membership with the IMO - Capt Abdulla Darwish Al Hayyas, Director of Maritime Transport Affairs, FTA
- Bahrain Updates - Mr Mahmood Alaraibi, Senior Associate, Al Tamimi & Co
- Oman Updates - Dr Rashid Bin Mohamed Al-Kiyumi, Director General of Maritime Affairs, Ministry of Transport & Communications, Sultanate of Oman
1030 – 1050 Refreshment Break
1050 – 1150 Updates on maritime regulations in the GCC
- KSA Updates - Mr Rizwan Osman, Legal Director, Clyde & Co
- Kuwait Updates - Mr Ali Shehab Ahmed, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Kuwait Oil Tanker Company (KOTC)
1150 – 1210 Refreshment Break
1210 – 1300 Updates on maritime arbitration in the GCC region
Moderated by Robert Jaques, Editor in Chief, Seatrade Maritime Review
- The value in specialised arbitration – Ms Rania Tadros, Managing Partner, Ince & Co
- The commercial value of ADR – Capt Jitendra Misra, Managing Director, Emarat Maritime
- EMAC’s role in arbitration/mediation – Ms Jyothi Mani, Case Manager, EMAC
- 1300-1400 Networking Lunch
To register*, please click here: https://registration.n200.com/survey/1tnr9k9ri3nsc?actioncode=EMAC1
*Please note: if you have already pre-registered for Seatrade Maritime Middle East as a visitor, your badge will entitle you to enter the above seminar