Abu Dhabi Maritime is the primary custodian of Abu Dhabi’s waterways and maritime ecosystem.
Established in July of 2020, following an agreement between AD Ports Group and the Department of Municipalities and Transport (DMT), Abu Dhabi Maritime is tasked with integrating and streamlining the governance and oversight of Abu Dhabi’s maritime sector.
Leveraging on AD Ports Group’s maritime expertise, the new entity functions as a consolidated single point of regulatory entry with the mandate to implement effective maritime services, state-of-the-art infrastructure and uphold the highest
health, safety and quality standards.
By working together with all stakeholders, Abu Dhabi Maritime helps deliver on Abu Dhabi leadership’s vision for the emirate to become a leading maritime capital.
Abu Dhabi Maritime’s responsibilities include:
· Developing maritime sector strategy and ensuring compliance
· Implementing, monitoring and enforcing regulations and codes for the maritime sector
· Registering maritime assets
· Licencing maritime activities
· Developing and maintaining safe waterway infrastructure
· Investigating accidents and incidents
· Sharing data and knowledge on the maritime sector
For more information please visit admaritime.ae or contact us via [email protected]