International Maritime Industries
International Maritime Industries is a joint venture between Saudi Aramco, Lamprell, Bahri and Hyundai Heavy Industries. Four industry leaders have come together to build a world-class maritime facility offering quality, efficiency, and economies-of-scale. Each partner has brought hands-on experience as either a customer or operator to ensure IMI redefines the maritime industry with its integrated facility and contained localized supply chain ecosystem. IMI is located in The King Salman Complex for International Maritime Industries & Services at Ras Al-Khair, Saudi Arabia. It will be the largest, full service maritime facility in MENA. The scale of IMI ensures customers will have all their maritime needs met in one facility, on time, and to specification. It will host:
- The largest combined drydock area in MENA.
- The largest ship lift in the world.
- The largest combined lift capability over a drydock globally of 2,150 tons.
- The region’s largest quayside of 9,000 meters.
- The region’s largest total combined land area of 11.4million sqm.
The annual capacity of the facility is 4 new build offshore rigs and over 43 new build vessels including VLCCs, in addition to servicing more than 260 maritime products.